News | Naidheachdan
We are nearing the end of our Music Matters for 2014/15 and what a wonderful year of music sessions we have had!
Our music specialists have been sharing music with children in nurseries in Inverness, Invergordon, Dochgarrach, Teanassie and Tomnacross.
Highlights have been:
· seeing the children progress
· professional musicians providing live music, a bubble maker, and music technologist guest artists.
· concerts the children put on for their parents. They loved showing off their songs and skills and it was great to see the parents and grandparents joining in the dancing.
· Nursery staff training in the beautiful Anam Cara - staff had fun while learning too.
· Taster sessions in Dingwall Croileagan (Gaelic medium nursery) with the aim to include them in the project next year.
Artsplay Highland music specialists are looking forward to a visit from Lucinda – a top UK Kodaly specialist
AND two of our music specialists are very grateful to Creative Scotland for providing us with funding to spend a week in Salzburg, Austria, training in the Orff music approach. We look forward to sharing our new knowledge and ideas with you after the summer.
Following the success of our nursery music sessions, we have had requests from schools to work with children in the early primary years. This will require private funding and we are looking for individuals and businesses to sponsor these sessions. If you are able to help we would love to hear from you on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01463 731 028.